- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).- (current Bank originators (non-licensed) can still come aboard during testing process)
- Satisfy NMLS requirements (training, testing, background check and required continued education).
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, underwriting, conventional and/or government lending guidelines and general departmental guidelines.
- Review loan approvals and handle all required conditions for underwriting and closing.
- Remain well versed in market trends, daily rates, home loan products and the mortgage process.
- Manage loan pipeline for all loans through closing, conduct underwriting analysis and credit analysis.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Over 3 years of recent and relevant experience in a process oriented role, preferably within the residential mortgage industry – conventional, FHA, and VA.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDA, TILA and RESPA reform.
- Communication skills – excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in the following software systems: Encompass, Calyx Point, DocMagic, Microsoft Office Suite and AUS.